Sunday, January 18, 2015

Reading Profile

Reading Profile

I've been an avid since my teens with my love of reading YA. YA has always been one of my favorite genres and I have also grown into liking chick-lit romance, New York Times Bestsellers, Books into Movies and Non fiction self help and pyschology. My least favorite genres are historical fiction, classic literature and dystopia but will read them if they are a NYT bestseller. I love reading when its cloudy and rainy, right before going to bed. I also enjoy audiobooks of books I've read in the past as sort of a refresher and prefer to listen to them before going to bed.

I love reading a book that is/was adapted into a movie and I must read the book first or else I want read it if I've seen the movie first. I enjoy picking movies apart from how they differ from the book or how some elements of the film are better or worse than the book it always a good debate.

I'm looking forward in exploring more genres that I've have little to no experience in reading such as mysteries and horror and many of the genres I can't think at the moment :)


1 comment:

  1. I also enjoy reading the book first and then watching the movie. A few times I've been greatly disappointed. Watchers by Dean Koontz is one of my favorite books, but the movie was awful! The main characters in the book were very complex, characters with some damage and plenty of baggage - a Vietnam Vet who is struggling, and an woman in her thirties who has recently lost the mother to whom she devoted her life. In the movie, they were high school kids. Really?

    ReplyDelete